This week, we are working on this:
Why yes, that is a toboggan in the picture. Doesn’t everyone who moves to Southern California bring their toboggan along?
Let’s get to the good stuff…what does the house look like inside?! First up, the kitchen. This kitchen has great bones…maple cabinets, center island, double ovens, crown molding and a butlers pantry.
A light and bright eat-in kitchen:
Here is a view of the kitchen from the family room…the open concept was at the top of our list of must-haves in a home. We had this open layout in our last house and it is perfect for entertaining and the cook isn’t stuck away from all of the happenings day to day.
As much as we love the bones of this kitchen, you KNOW I have great plans for it! Here is the mood board for what I have in mind:
Where to start??
1) Paint kitchen cabinets white to lighten and update the entire space.
2) Replace countertops with granite.
3) When replacing countertops, have two-tiered bar converted to one level.
4) Replace sink and faucet (really want a farmhouse sink!)
5) Add bead board to backsplash and island to add some whimsy.
6) Update bar stools and kitchen table and chairs from old house…including re-painting bar stools white and painting the kitchen chairs blue.
7) Add statement light fixture above the sink. LUV this fixture…but I found one that I am going to try to DIY into something similar.
8) Dash & Albert rug…no explanation needed…these rugs are so lovely with their beachy stripes.
Want a sneak peak??
Before In Progress
What do you think of our progress?
Next up will be the entire house tour!